One of the best ways to be a part of our ministry is to volunteer to serve on a HopeHouse International® building team. Building Teams are always needed as homes continue to be built on an ongoing basis. Download a Building Team brochure to learn more.
Below you’ll find some of our most frequently asked questions. Reading through them will help to explain what building teams do and how you can be a part.
1. What are these trips all about?
As land and building costs continue to rise, volunteer Building Teams make it possible for HopeHouse International® to provide homes for HopeHouse International® families so that they become eligible by the government to adopt three or more orphaned children.
- Building Teams visit orphans and provide relief items to their orphanage in the community where they are working.
- Building teams become a witness to the community and have opportunities to share their faith and build relationships with Ukrainians.
2. What would I be doing?
Depending on the phase of construction, site work might include mixing concrete, pouring footing and laying a foundation or block, finishing interior and exterior walls, roofing, tile and painting, etc.
3. What skills do I need?
It is recommended that team members be in good health and have a strong back.
4. How much does it cost?
The cost per person is typically around $850.00 plus airfare. This rate includes food, lodging and transportation while in Ukraine. Air itineraries are offered from outbound cities, and airfare is added to Ukraine cost of $850.00. This rate does not include passport fees, airport food during travel days or any forced overnight stays in a European city.
5. Will I have a safe and satisfying experience?
The Ukrainian people welcome Americans and extend themselves in every way to our teams. Team members have never felt threatened or disliked, but always held in highest regard particularly for the sacrifice of their time and talents in offering help to a Ukrainian family. Food and water served is purified and offered according to the safest standards. Logistics are organized and planned in advanced so that time spent in Ukraine offers the greatest opportunity for productivity.
6. What can I do to help?
- Join a team. (Get started below)
- Help to sponsor a team member. Fill out a sponsorship form.
- Donate funds for tools and equipment.
7. How do I get started?
- Email email@example.com so that your initial questions can be answered.
- Print off the forms listed on the right side of this page and fill them out.
- Give your registration and liability forms with your deposit to your Team Leader.
- Your team leader will contact you regarding team meeting time.
8. How can I put a team together ?
- Consider recruiting team members from your church, work, Sunday school class/home group, friends and neighborhood.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for specific information and to determine dates of travel.
- Invite a group of men who would consider joining your team. Recruiting Goal: a team of 5 minimum – 10 maximum commitments.
- An information meeting will be held.