Early in our married life, God placed orphans and their desperate situation on my heart. I began to pray about it, and my husband and I started to work in the local orphanage.
In 2003, HopeHouse International came into our lives and we adopted our first child. After that, the idea of adoption still burned in our hearts. My husband, a pastor, began to preach and share his heart for orphans not only in our city Poltava and the region, but also throughout Ukraine.
We shared our heart for adoption, and continually prayed that other Christian parents would consider adopting orphans as well. We rejoiced to see other couples opening their hearts and homes to orphans and It has been our privilege to walk with them through their adoption journeys.
We later adopted four more children and today we are most grateful that all five of them have accepted Christ as their personal Savior and serve in the church. God has truly blessed each one:
- Our first adopted daughter (not pictured) is married and now has 2 children, one of whom is adopted.
- Our second daughter, Lybov, is studying in the 11th grade. She studies English, Italian, music and is now preparing to enter college to major in Interior Design.
- Our third child, son Pasha, graduated high school, studied music and just entered college for a Computer Engineering Degree.
- Our fourth daughter, Anna, is studying in the 7th grade. She is on a swim team and takes lessons in art, drawing and modeling from clay.
- Our fifth daughter, Yana, took vocal lessons, graduated high school, and has recently entered Law School.
Thank you for your support of this ministry. Our children, like many others, are evidence that God has a plan for the forgotten, and He uses families to be His hands, His feet and His heart in their lives.
– Mom and Dad